Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Health Update: Complete Remission

Hey guys,

Sorry it has been so long since the last update. Life has been pretty crazy recently. I will jump right to the best news though - I have officially been declared in complete remission by my oncologist!!! Praise God! This is the best thing that can be happening right now. The first round of chemo ended about a month and a half ago, and I just completed a PET scan to confirm that it wiped out all of my cancer. Now, I am just in the stage of waiting, praying and hoping it doesn't come back.



There is about a 30-40% chance that it does come back, which would require more intensive chemo and a bone marrow transplant. But, that leaves a great 60-70% chance that it is gone for good! The big mark I will be waiting for is the two year mark. If two years go by and the cancer does not return, it is very unlikely that it will come back at all. At the five year mark, the oncologists will actually use the "cure" word.

Anyways, those are the medical details. Please do pray for my family and I during this weird waiting stage. It's a strange place to be. I am elated that the cancer is out of my body completely, but then trying not to be ignorant of the fact that it could easily come back. It is quite a tension to live in for the next two-five years. However, I think it can be a really healthy thing if I deal with it correctly.  visible, obvious reminder that this life is truly temporal. Hopefully it can help me look forward with eager anticipation eternity, and realize that everything in this life will fade away. As a Christian, I am called to this (2 Cor 4:18), but it is so hard to maintain day to day. I hope that having something so serious, something even life threatening, hanging over me will help me with thinking eternally while living temporally. So be praying!

Also, a quick update about future plans - It is looking like we are moving to the Pittsburgh, PA area sometime over summer 2016! We will greatly miss everybody thing in Spokane I am hoping to be ordained a priest/presbyter with the Anglican church and their flagship school is located out there. I will update y'all as that gets closer and are plans become more firm.

Love and peace!!

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen; for the things which are seen are temporal, but the things which are not seen are eternal. - 2 Cor 4:18

1 comment:

  1. wonderful news!!! Continuing prayers!! ♥
    ~Tess

    ReplyDelete